Logical Operations 085062SKPK Logical Select CompTIA Project+ Certification (2009 Objectives) Print/Electronic Training Bundle
CompTIA® Project+™ Certification (2009 Objectives)
Course number: 085062
Course length: 5.0 day(s)
Certification: CompTIA® Project+™ General Exam. The CompTIA® Project+™ certification exam is a credential recognized throughout the industry that acknowledges professional competency in IT project management. The focus of the Project+™ exam is on critical business skills, interpersonal techniques, and project management. The code for the exam is PK0-003.
Course Objective: You will apply recognized practices of project management and understand a project’s life cycle and roles and skills necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close a project.
Target Student: This course is intended for individuals in various job roles who are involved in leading, managing, and participating in small to medium scale projects.
Prerequisites: Students taking this class or preparing for the Project+™ 2009 examination should have at least 12 months of cumulative experience in leading, managing, and participating in small to medium scale projects.
In addition to these exam requirements, to ensure your success with this course, we recommend you first take the following Element K course: Project Management Fundamentals: (Second Edition) or have equivalent knowledge.
Students should be familiar with office productivity software programs, such as Microsoft® Office®, and have basic computer skills.
- PC with Intel® Pentium® II 300 MHz processor or higher
- 64 MB of RAM with 1.0 GB of free hard disk space or higher
- CD-ROM drive
- Super VGA recommended (set at least to 800 x 600 screen resolution) with 256 colors
- Internet connection
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office® 2003 or later
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the fundamentals of project management.
- perform the pre-project setup.
- initiate a project.
- plan project strategies.
- develop project schedules.
- plan project staffing, communications, and quality.
- plan project risk management.
- plan project costs.
- plan project procurements.
- plan for change management and transitions.
- manage project execution.
- manage project procurement.
- monitor project performance.
- monitor and control project constraints.
- monitor project risks and procurements.
- perform project closure.